Tuesday, October 25, 2016

sage clan unplugged


Sometimes, the Sage clan just has to unplug.

So we unplugged, literally, and went to our mesa.

There was no cell phone reception. (I love that.) There was no wifi. There was nothing there but what was meant to be there.  

Never mind that Lucky went into full-blown heat two days before we left. Never mind that there was a fire on my mountain. Never mind that my new Merrell Siren Sport hiking shoes blew out after just fourteen days, or that my water bottle opened inside my backpack, and my pack was filled with water.

We explored a new dirt road and a new corner of the mesa. We found pieces of the mesa's history. We watched the sun go down and the stars come out. And we became a part of that mesa....till nothing else mattered but sky and stardust and sand and sage.

I am having a hard time plugging back in. While I try to figure it out, I give you....the mesa.























15 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Lucky with that antler!! What a character.
    Everybody's got red bandana's...like a gang of Willie Nelson dogs!
    Sagey, coming back home, plugging back in...don't even try. Just work on getting back to the Mesa for good.
    It's where you belong.
    So glad you went away!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're working on it, believe me, we are working on it. :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful heartfelt post..gorgeous photos, happy dogs..simply perfect.
    Xo
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dagmar. We hated to leave the mesa!

      Delete
  3. Love Lucky and the antler! Great dog fun!
    It's so lovely out there on your mesa. I'd be hooked as well. Glad you got to escape for a while. Beautiful pictures!
    Oh...and your sketches! Just awesome!
    xxSheree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky loves her antlers. She must think they are gifts left just for her!
      And thanks on the sketches. I'm no Picasso but I do enjoy drawing!
      x

      Delete
  4. What amazing and breathtaking pictures...sometimes it is wonderful to be unplugged, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is. The only "problem" is I'm having a tough time plugging back in...

      Delete
  5. you always give your best, and you always find the *best. the best bones, the best skulls, the best rusted junk.
    and for all that, i am grateful. i am pleased to know you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We *are* the thing finders, aren't we? Always have our noses to the ground. ;) Wouldn't have it any other way.
      And I'm pleased to know you too, dear woman.
      xx

      Delete
  6. always good to unplug ... gorgeous photos as always.
    happy November xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. Sometimes you just gotta unplug, right?
      x

      Delete
  7. I could feel my battery recharge just looking at your beautiful photos. What an awesome country we live in. I pray it stays that way. So much going on in the world and in my own personal world. I'm so glad I can go to your blog and always leave with a smile. : ) xoxo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could stop by and unwind for a while. And I agree, this is one awesome and amazing country and I am so thankful to have my mesa to wander and explore.
      Life is so crazy these days....take good care of yourself and stay grounded.

      Oh, and they're looking for the new TWD super-duper fan.....I nominate YOU!
      xx

      Delete
  8. "a fire on my mountain" Love it!! Little lovely things!!!

    ReplyDelete