Thursday, April 21, 2016

zombie apocalypse? not a problem....








 Just look how well-hidden our little fortress is!


 How about this amazing zig-zag entrance? Definitely walker-proof!


Look, walker tracks!


Wendy, my fellow zombie fan, Durango and Pinto want to take you through some honest to goodness Colorado walker woods!



 "I've got it covered" were my thoughts when the Sage clan discovered the homestead hidden away on the rim of the next mesa over. This place was literally built IN to the rocks on the rim and we saw it only when we were right on top of it.

The view was, in one word, spectacular. Unbelievably spectacular. We could move right into that little homestead on the rim, fully aware a herd of zombies would never make it across the wild canyon country and up the side of the canyon.

And if we came across any walkers stumbling through the pinon forest, we could lure them to the rim and drive them over the edge. Bye bye, zombie.

Yep, we've got it covered. And nooooo, I don't watch too much Walking Dead.


18 comments:

  1. What unbelievable landscape, Julie. And, the homestead - I love it!
    Never underestimate the powers of zombies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the best little homestead? With a view like that, I'd never leave!

      Delete
  2. Can I stay with you guys? :) A shelter with a view!!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of room for everyone! We'll put Zody to work spotting zombies!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness Julie... What a spectacular find! I could sit there for days just staring out across that stunning vista & oh what fun that shelter would be! I bet Durango and Pinto are good zombie spotters! Definitely a great apocalyptic hideout:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Durango is the spotter. Pinto does her best work clearing. ;)
      Honestly, I could not imagine a better place to build a homestead, zombie apocalypse or not!

      Delete
  4. Look no further, it's move-in ready! That's really incredible :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little paint and a new roof and we're ready to move in! :)

      Delete
  5. I've never met a zombie...and I don't even know what a walker is.
    However, I DO know a rad fort when I see one!!! Good grief. Does this mean you've put off looking for a real house?
    Hahaha!
    What a FIND, you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the rate the house-hunting is going, we might just decide to move into this awesome little fortress!
      Walker = zombie. :D

      Delete
  6. I love Walking Dead!!! :) "I've got it covered"...yeah, shotgun, guns and two knife :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't get enough of The Walking Dead around here! That's where I learn how to be best prepared for the apocalypse! ;)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I have to admit it was pretty insane. One never knows what is hiding on the rim of the mesa!

      Delete
  8. LOL!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! How did I miss this????? This is absolutely wonderful!!! Now I know where I'm headed when the Apocalypse hits!!! I hope you don't mind six more people, two more dogs and three cats!!! : ) You're the best!!!! Have a beautiful weekend!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ~ Wendy

    PS ~ they started filming the new season this week!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of room for everyone! And you know, everyone will have a job to do. ;)

      As I was out there on the mesa, taking the photos, I KNEW this post was for you! Glad you enjoyed it!!
      xx

      Delete