Thursday, April 7, 2016

just like a western






Just a road....a road we turn down every time we go to Colorado. Sometimes the wild ponies are there. Sometimes it's just me and that wild sky.

It's a western I never imagined I would be a part of. It's also a western I never knew I would fall in love with.

I can tell you it's completely unlike anything I knew when I was a kid.
 (I grew up in northeast Wisconsin. Roads like this were the stuff of movies!)
I can tell you I've known this road for the last 30 years. It hasn't changed much in that time.
And I can tell you it's the space between where I live and where I go. 

That's all pretty serious thought when it's just a road. But it's a road filled with rocks, bones, and wind. I dream my dusty dreams on that road.


10 comments:

  1. Lost between earth and sky. Some of us have a connection so deep we are pulled into these vast expanses like they are a vital part of our being. No where do I feel more alive than out there. So happy you found your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found my way many years ago. It just gets better with time. :)
      It's an endless wonder how these places speak to our souls.
      x

      Delete
  2. I bet you never get tired of heading out on that road..windows down, eating a little dust along with those dreams...
    I'd look forward to it too. Always anticipating seeing the ponies. Or a snake in the road. Or a coyote standing out there watching you drive by...
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oj, I've eaten plenty of dust down that road! Enjoyed every bite of it too! :)

      Delete
  3. The third photo with the hint of blue sky looks like a painting. Beautiful beyond words!! So who do you think met "Lucille" ?? I think it was Abraham. I hope not. I just love his one-liners!! : ( xoxo

    ~ Wendy : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dry and dusty as it may be, that's a beautiful area to explore. I never get tired of it!

      Who got "Lucilled"?? I hate to say it but both Mr Sage and I are leaning toward Abraham too. (I read the comics so I know who meets Lucille but....the writers do have a habit of changing things up from the comic.)
      The real question is how do we wait till OCTOBER to find out??
      xx

      Delete
  4. beautiful post.
    say hello to my coyotes, eh?
    and the wild horses....

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll leave a little something for the coyotes. They'll know it's from you.
      x

      Delete