Thursday, June 11, 2015

june, june








June has been hot and strangely humid for New Mexico. It's also been cloudy and we've even had a little rain!! I love the humidity....I can breathe again! The lawn is green! I can smell the grass when I cut it!

June has been difficult. I was determined to paint the bedroom myself and somewhere between moving furniture and rolling the ceiling, I pinched a nerve in my neck and it isn't healing as quickly as I thought it would.

And June has been full of hope. We've found a handful of houses to look at in Colorado. We may be a little premature in looking at houses "up north" but maybe we'll find the one we can't live without. It would sure beat staying in hotels during the colder months!

But mostly, June has been dog days, dreaming days, all the days flowing together into a new way of thinking, a new outlook on our lives. And it's good.

How has June been treating you?

8 comments:

  1. ahhh….it's a dog's life, isn't it?….lying on one's back, crossing the ankles in a state of tranquility….[laughing out loud, here….]

    we had such hot dry weather, the garden started bursting forth, and now we have cooler damp days and nights….

    so good to stop by and see how you are doing….!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Durango can make the most out of life! He's got things figured out...
      As you can see, we've had quite a wet month so far! It hardly looks like New Mexico these days!
      Thanks for stopping by....always love seeing you here!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the thought of following you in your path to a home sweet home near your Colorado mesa!
    Isn't is just so much fun, the excitement of looking, investigating this place and that, all the possibilities! Goosebumps!
    In the meantime, you're getting some moist days and green grass and I know how precious that is to you. Your hollyhocks are stunning!
    Change is on the wind, baby! Nothing better than a new outlook, yah?
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The path back to the mesa, a PERMANENT path....it's both exciting and scary at the same time! But we're testing the waters, sticking our toes in and considering that dive into the future.
      xx

      Delete
  3. There is a place for you. I know the right property will call for you, be open to listening. How delightful to be closer to your beloved heart-space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right property will throw open its arms and welcome us home!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to read that you're not feeling so great. Rest is the only thing that will help that unless you know a good chiropractor. June, quite honestly, has been not so great thus far but I'm bound and determined to make the second half of it a happy one. I've been picking up my camera more often and that always makes me feel SO MUCH better!!! xoxo

    ~ Wendy

    PS My dogs love to lay on their backs with their paws up. I call it the Rigor Mortus position!! : ) By the way, I always thought Rigor Mortus was one word. I guess that's my something new for the day!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June came along and knocked me on my butt! I'm doing my best to change the dynamic....slow down, enjoy each day, and hope the solstice brings some positive energy.

      And those dogs! They have life figured out, don't they?
      xoxo

      Delete