Monday, February 2, 2015

a little snow equals alot of excitement







(All tired out after a morning in the snow.)


I come from a place where there was ALOT of snow in the winter and even in the spring. Now that I am transplanted to the desert, I get pretty excited when I wake up to snow.
I am mesmerized by the falling snow, so silent and beautiful. It makes me think of snow globes and sledding and warm sweaters.
Pinto, on the other hand, is not so excited. She's a true New Mexico dog.
Durango, he's up for any adventure.

And during the two-day winter storm watch, my trusty old computer showed signs of crashing. I ventured out to buy a new one and once I overcame my aversion to modern technology and tackled the new computer learning curve, we got along just fine.

The snow is gone now and the high today is predicted to be 53 degrees. It was fun while it lasted and I am hoping there is a little more snow before the spring winds come to the desert.

How is your mid-winter treating you?

8 comments:

  1. Your dogs are gorgeous! They do look a little confused out there, though. Like, "what the...?" I have several friends in Santa Fe and I'm so envious of their snow pictures! It's nice to be able to get the best of both worlds - mostly mild winters with a bit of snow every once in a while. I keep doing my snow dance for the mountains here, but I'm not sure it's working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs are always a little nervous when it snows or rains. Desert dogs, right? Santa Fe was a little luckier with the snowfall amounts, but they are higher in elevation too. I think I need to fire up my desert snow dance and hope for the best!

      Delete
  2. we have had little snowfall thus far, which is probably just as well as we get better acquainted with our little herd of short-legged doggies! I would love an indoor blizzard day yet, though... you know, the kind where you keep looking out the window and exclaiming how HARD it's coming down! it would be perfect if it could then just evaporate rather than creating boot-sucking mud! glad you had enough to venture out in and photograph which seems like the best of both worlds for dogs with different perspectives on snow! ❄️✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, those weenies are not built for the snow! We get the boot-sucking mud when the snow melts here too and it's not safe for man or beast!
      Most of our snow comes in February and early March, so there's still some hope for a little moisture and maybe, just maybe, one good old-fashioned snowstorm!

      Delete
  3. i love the look on pinto's face, like she's thinking "what the heck NOW?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's soooo dramatic. The worst part comes when I have to wipe her feet. It's the end of the world.

      Delete
  4. Is that a Joshua tree in your yard? It looks like one. Or an unusual yucca. Whatever, I dig it!
    I flew home last night. Turbulence in a snow storm! We got three inches and I'm actually thrilled about it! That's right! :)
    You just might get another storm. I hope you do!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a discarded yucca we found almost ten years ago in a vacant field while walking the dogs. We brought it home and planted it. It thrived!

      You flew home in a snownado! Welcome home to Wyoming, right?
      xx

      Delete