Wednesday, November 12, 2014

every day is a gift and every leaf a shining jewel











It might not look like autumn in the high desert, but oh, the subtle beauty of the season! The mornings start out cold and I wander the mesa bundled in layers. Canyon wrens sing and rabbits wander in the sage.  By mid-day, the sun is shining, the air is warm, and my soul drinks in the light, the sound, the smell of this place I love.
But it's the late afternoon, when the hike is done, the light is golden, and we sit on the edge of the mesa, that I hear the canyons speak. And there are some secrets I dare not tell....
This place, this magical place....it grounds me. I am grateful to call it mine, to say I belong, to know a love like this.

Linking up with the awesome Chrisy down under at living a good north coast life and sharing a little of the natural world around us.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. place and belonging are so integral to our lives-- to delight in what we have must be the greatest gift of all!
    beautiful post, Julie!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true, sister, so true. feeling this kind of connection to the land....it brings everything full circle. xx

      Delete
  3. Your photos of the colourful and rugged country side are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is most definitely a beautiful place!

      Delete
  4. ahh, the mesa.
    one of my favourite spots. so grateful you allow me to linger there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day we will share a thermos of tea together....you, me, and the mesa. xx

      Delete
  5. I can see why you like it there. Wonderful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful, words and photos. It's nice to catch a glimpse of your honey!! : ) Have a wonderful weekend!! xoxo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He tends to hide from the camera! But this time, while in his favorite spot, it all came together. :)
      Have a great weekend yourself!! xx

      Delete
  7. Having just come from the glorious Nevada desert, I felt like I could hear the wild wind speaking to me in these images. They are lovely, and you have captured it's unwavering beauty. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desert has away of touching our soul. The wind carries our dreams. Thank you for seeing these things too...

      Delete