Saturday, October 4, 2014

weathering the storm













The early morning rain that fell as I left New Mexico turned to hail as I arrived in Colorado. The change in the weather was exhilarating, becoming both a baptism and celebration. The changing season, the changing landscape, the changing light welcomed me home.
The cabin awaited my arrival, my mesa called to me from the west. I would sleep in the stars, walk with the spirits.
I've weathered alot of storms lately, and I know more are to come. I have chosen Nature as my guide, my mentor. I'll come through the other side of these storms one day, walking with the rain and the wind, whispering the secrets of the earth.


16 comments:

  1. You have taken some beautiful photos. Enjoy your time recharging your energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I most definitely have been recharging and relaxing!

      Delete
  2. Through the storms comes rainbows and sunrises and sunsets.
    The promise of a new day. The quiet contentment, the folding of another.
    I like that you are letting nature guide your way. Storms are good for the soul. YOU know that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet I know that! : )
      I'm just letting life unfold, watching and listening, following the path that speaks to me. xoxo

      Delete
  3. your photos are stunning - your words soul soothing - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bend in these storms, but you do not break.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wiser words were never spoken. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  5. Your words are as beautiful as your photos. xoxo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You're pretty beautiful yourself. xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely, heartfelt collection of photos and words.
    Completely understand the idea of using nature as you're guide. I'd even go so far as to say that nature is my religion. I believe in it with every inch of my body. I know you do too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. I believe in the storms and the sun and the wind and the rain. xx

      Delete