Monday, July 21, 2014

the song of the mountain

 Excailbur! An awesome forest find. Perhaps it was left by another traveler? Dragons, beware!

 Daydreams in the tall grass.

 My mountain stream.

 Lucky little clover, I admired it and left it growing beside the stream.

 Ancient pathways, leading me deeper into the mysterious forest.


  Durango....loving the cool weather and tall grass.

 I take the trail through the meadow, sword in hand.

 Yarrow. So delicate and perfect, a healing gift from the forest.


 Pinto....my best girlfriend.

I love the aspens and the sound they make when the wind blows, the way the leaves flicker, the way the sun shines through the branches.


I especially love the way the aspens shelter our silent visitor.

After discovering the mountain just last year, I listen to the song it sings. This is how I learn the language of the mountain and hear the stories it has to tell.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR LITTLE MOUNTAIN STREAM!!!!
    And your kooky sword, you slaying beauty of the mountain.
    What's that?? A deer?? Golly, you hit the jackpot! Kiss kiss.
    It's nice to know the quaking aspens sing to you, too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the most awesome little stream or what? I LOVE it! We took a day away from the mesa to let the dogs enjoy the cooler mountain weather....and I still cannot believe the crazy adventures we had up there! The aspens sure were singing to me that day. xx

      Delete
  2. Even the light there is cool and tangibly green. The perfect harmony to the mountain song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you are right. The green of the mountain is audible. It sings out! xx

      Delete
  3. love that stream.
    and excalibur.
    and the silent visitor.
    and your sweet smiling girlfriend.
    love it all.
    *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you love these things too! xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful photos. They left me with such a peaceful feeling. The aspens are so beautiful. I fell in love with the white birch trees of New Hampshire when we visited there two summers ago. It looks like you've found your mountain paradise!! xoxo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could spend the summers on the mountain and winters on the mesa, I would die, no, I would live a very long life, as one happy camper. : )
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, every single photo! I can hear the stream, the aspens leaves rustling and smell the grass and fresh air…so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a beautiful place, close to my heart, and oh-so-green and fresh!

      Delete