Thursday, July 17, 2014

my mesa
















It's the night of the full moon, the July supermoon.  We set up our camp on the east side of the mesa, just below the remains of an old cowboy camp and do what we love....wander the mesa. R finds evidence of the cowboy camp with a piece of an old oil lamp. I finger prehistoric potshards and reverently place them back where I found them.

There's something comforting, something continuous about immersing ourselves in the story, the history of the mesa. I come to realize I am also a part of the story of the mesa, part of the huge, beating heart of this place. The land itself pours its mysteries into my bones, my blood, my very being as I walk its glorious earth, our hearts beating together, our breath becoming one.

The mesa is a lover, caressing me with warm winds and sunsets that bring me to my knees.
The mesa is a mentor, teaching me to listen, to wonder, to learn the language of the high desert.
The mesa is my home, the place I always return to, the place my soul resides.

10 comments:

  1. Seems there's a theme today!
    I'm glad you're at Home there. The way the earth smells, the way light touches it, the way the space touches us. The comfort and ease of being and heart.
    Be well, you beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sunshine! There is most definitely a theme going on here! We've both found the places/spaces we love. Best of all, these places love us back. xx

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh, your photographs are positively spellbinding! i linked to your blog from one of our mutual circle of friends, and i do not know what took me so long!
    thanks for sharing the beauty of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you here! I love sharing this magical place and I am happy to have you along on the journey!

      Delete
  3. ....and, thank you for introducing me to *mesa*....

    lovely perfect photos, each and every one.

    *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I'm honored to bring you along on my journey, if only through my photographs. xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely brilliant post!!! The words, the photos, the rainbow. Perfection!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! I sometimes feel I cannot express how much I love this place. It overwhelms me! xx

      Delete