Wednesday, March 26, 2014

great big love













"I missed you, mesa."

"I missed you too, J"

"I missed your red sand, your blue skies, and your mysteries, mesa."

"I missed the way you lay on my earth, looked up at the sky, and whispered how you were between the two things you love the most, J."

"I said that because I love you so, mesa."

"I love you too, J."

It's been thirty years now I've walked my mesa, learned its secrets, shared my life with its seasons. I've learned about life here, about communion with nature, about letting go and coming back.

Happy Anniversary, my beloved mesa. Here's to thirty more years.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and what a great way to celebrate. Nice that you had such a teacher in your life and great companions to share it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nature is the greatest teacher and I will always be her student!

      Delete
  2. This made me well right up! Just beautiful. (I love your elks too!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a place very close to my heart. (Glad you liked the elk too!) xx

      Delete
  3. Keep loving & learning, sister.
    This is all so touching and from the soul.
    Here's to thirty more! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this place so much....words don't begin to explain how I feel. It's been the greatest experience to continue to return and find it unchanged, beautiful, and waiting for me.
      xx

      Delete