Saturday, March 22, 2014

dry as a bone







Silent.
Serene.

Towering sandstone cliffs and heartbreaking blue sky. A hard and hauntingly beautiful land, here on the border between where I reside and where I belong. A passage of sorts that becomes a journey into the heart of this country.

I wander the brown hills of northern New Mexico on a warm spring day. There isn't a sound, another living being, save for my little family--the husband and the dogs. I walk quietly, engulfed in earth and sky. I become this place.

This is discovery. This is life.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that first photo is just exquisite! Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerry. Those badlands, the bones, the sky, it all tells such an amazing story. I do love that place.

      Delete
  2. These photos are breathtaking!!!! I love the last one with your little fur baby!! Welcome back!!! xo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! Pinto, she loves the wide, open spaces. So do I!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous photos. Looking forward to all the photos, finds & tales from your new location

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back in Albuquerque, but my heart, as always, is up in the canyon country of Colorado and Utah. It was a glorious early spring trip, sometimes cold, sometimes windy, but filled with adventure. And yes, more photos to come!

      Delete
  4. And a beautiful discovery it is, was and will be.
    I felt the quiet, stillness and the ancient dust.
    I'm so glad you went away, to soothe your soul.
    But, I'm glad you're back, reminiscing and sharing your heart. Part of you will always stay behind. Am I right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such poetic words!
      It was soo good to get back to the places I love, the places that claim my soul. No matter where I go, I always return. :)

      Delete