Saturday, December 14, 2013

into the wind

 

 


 

 
It wasn't a day for a leisurely walk on the mesa. It was a day for running down the dirt roads, screaming crazy things into the wind, and feeling the raw power of nature.

It was one of those wild, windy days New Mexico is famous for.
Sometimes the wind was so strong I could not hold the camera steady. The air was so cold my fingers couldn't find the buttons on the camera, and it was with stubborn determination alone I overcame the cold and continued to shoot. But I found treasures on the mesa, that day in the roaring wind.

Petrified wood.
Dogs running free.
And a good-looking guy in a white Toyota.
:)

 

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day running free. I thought of you today in the mist of our snow storm. We got lots of snow and I would willingly send you more than half ... I like the idea of screaming crazy things into the wind. Is this a release method or a joy sharing or both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm....release method or joy? Maybe a little of both. ;) The dogs run along with me, barking and jumping, leaving us all tired and happy.

      Now I will stand outside, mittens on, hands raised to the sky. Send me some of that snow!! xx

      Delete
  2. You've got to love a good looking guy in a Toyota ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sky is just amazing!! Looks like you painted in the clouds!! And that handsome dude in the Toyota ain't too shabby either!! : ) Have a beautiful day!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, New Mexico can actually come through at times....as long as you can brave the 30 mph winds! Good thing there was the awesome guy in the Toyota to rescue me! ;)

      Delete
  4. You have a lot to be skipping happy about!!
    Sun salutations, sister!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wonderful optimism is contagious! :) :) :)
      xx

      Delete